Saturday, September 13, 2008

Finding out that Kari was pregnant.

Go back to April 19, 2008. A Saturday I believe. I remember thinking that I should have definitely got my period by now but thought nothing of it. Obviously this was enough to scare Tommy because when I got home from work 2 days later he had bought 2 tests for me to take. I laughed and of course looked him directly in the eye and said, "I'm fricin smoking before I take that stupid test." He laughed and said that it would probably be negative anyway. Took test #1 and saw positive sign. Screamed at Tommy to bring the 2nd one. He brought the 2nd one. Another positive. Laid on bathroom floor like a scared child and cried and screamed at Tommy and asked how the hell this could happen. Well ok, I'm not that stupid but we never planned on kids and quite frankly did not want them. But nonetheless when you use no protection you are playing Russian roulette. Well we lost that game of roulette. I was so upset and thought that if I told the whole world I would feel better and get really excited....wrong wrong wrong. All I did was end up creating a frenzy between family members, my husband, friends, co-workers, etc. It was me against the world and I knew that this was not a battle I would win. You have to remember that in a single instant my world changed. No more quadruple shots of espresso 5 times a day. No more of my beloved Camel Lights. No more of that ice cold beer after long day. So there I was. It was deal with it or be miserable. Well as stubborn as I am, I chose to deal with it and be thankful that I was able to create something that many women want and can not do. And from that moment I cherished the life I was creating even if I appeared miserable to everyone else.

No comments: